Last week I attended Origins and it was a blast. I had a great time playing games, meeting designers, and most importantly I'd like to share my experience at Publisher Speed Dating where I showed off my game Fry Thief.
- Publishers gave conflicting advice so you have to parse the information. They might not be the right publisher for you.
- They asked interesting questions
- How would you make your game 100 card game?
- How would you make this a 3-4 player game?
- Many publishers were instantly interested or disinterested which is good. If they weren't interested they were kind and gave advice on which publishers you should follow up with.
- Two publishers took my game home. I can only assume that's a good sign!
Pro tip: don't forget your sell sheets in your hotel room.